_GOTOBOTTOM
Pre-Flight Check
Constructive critique of your finished or in-progress photos.
Hurricane Mk I in progress BfB campaign
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 8,581 posts
AeroScale: 4,913 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 14, 2003 - 10:03 AM UTC
This is the Hawker Hurricane Mk I that I am doing for the Battle for Britain campaign. Just used the kit cockpit, it's pretty good and with the kit one piece canopy in place not much will be seen. so I have just added a modified etch seat belt (Reheat). Fuselage and wings are together, no real problems. The wings are designed to be used for more than one aircraft (quite cleaverly), they include the 12 gun wing. The covers for the extra 2 guns per wing need removing as does some detail on the starboard inner wing from the Mk II. Gun panels and incerts over the 2 extra guns aren't the best fit and will require a bit of refinement.

Not much to get excited about, but comments welcome :-)
Mal
TwistedFate
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 805 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 14, 2003 - 11:36 AM UTC
Looking good, Mal. It'll be something for my Emil to shoot at, I guess.
didiumus
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Utah, United States
KitMaker: 564 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 14, 2003 - 03:21 PM UTC
The Hase Hurricane cockpit is one of my favorite OOTB cockpits ever. Nice work as always, Mal.

I think you said somewhere you had built one of these before, but if not, watch out for the fit of the wings into the rear fuselage - it sucks! The rest of the kit is shake and bake.

Keep up the great work... I have really been struggling with my 109 - I have armor on the brain.

Scott
stugiiif
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 1,434 posts
AeroScale: 403 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 14, 2003 - 05:53 PM UTC
Looking good there MAL. BTW where is the Bf109 to shot it down???stug
blaster76
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
AeroScale: 137 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 14, 2003 - 06:26 PM UTC
Really nice cockpit, are you sure you want to hide that unde a closed canopy? I know too any feel that just a real good build sn't worth anymore, gotta have 2 or 3 different PE sets and a ton of scratch to show off inside, but your OOB work isthe stuff that should go on the side of the box when they sell the kit
blaster76
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
AeroScale: 137 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 14, 2003 - 06:27 PM UTC
Really nice cockpit, are you sure you want to hide that unde a closed canopy? I know too any feel that just a real good build sn't worth anymore, gotta have 2 or 3 different PE sets and a ton of scratch to show off inside, but your OOB work isthe stuff that should go on the side of the box when they sell the kit
Puma112
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 322 posts
AeroScale: 44 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 14, 2003 - 07:19 PM UTC
Great cockpit, and I agree...it would be a shame to hide it inder the glass. Think about it.

:-)
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 14, 2003 - 11:57 PM UTC
Hi Mal

Your Hurricane's office is looking very nice indeed! I agree with the others - leave that canopy open! It's a shame cover up detail like that...

All the best

Rowan
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 8,581 posts
AeroScale: 4,913 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 15, 2003 - 04:04 AM UTC
:-) Thanks guys, I would love to leave the hood open but it's a time thing. The kit canopy is a single piece and far to thick to be posed open without some radical sanding, which would probably result in it getting broken. I have no chance of getting a vac formed one so unfortunately it will be closed. The cockpit actually fits quite well, without glue so I might do what I did with my Mk IIC and just snap it into place and wait until I can get a replacement :-)
Don't any of you 109 builders get any ideas about shooting down my Hurri, you will not succed :-)
Thanks for the heads up Scott, totally agree about the cockpit, the wing fit is annoying but I don't mind as the overall model and the variants offered more than makes up for it :-)
Mal
 _GOTOTOP