_GOTOBOTTOM
Start Here (for Beginners)
This forum is for younger modelers or people just starting out in the hobby.
quick question
jparkin
_VISITCOMMUNITY
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 4 posts
AeroScale: 3 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 28, 2008 - 08:19 AM UTC
Hey all, Im new to modeling and this forum. I was wondering if I could get some advice. I'm busy with a 1/48 scale ea 18g growler, the proposed replacemet for the prowler. I was wondering what tool I should use to cut the flaps off the wings so that I can glue them on in the "down" position. Any help is appreciated. ~Jon
blindspot
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 52 posts
AeroScale: 12 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 28, 2008 - 08:34 AM UTC
Hi Jonathan and welcome!
I use the back of a really sharp #11 blade and make a number of passes, scoring deeper and deeper until the panel come free. You'll have a little bit of scratchwork to do to close off the inside of the wing and flap, and maybe add actuators or whatever other details are required in your specific case (I'm totally unfamiliar with the Growler), I'm sure someone will have more detailed assistance in that area...
Good luck!
jparkin
_VISITCOMMUNITY
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 4 posts
AeroScale: 3 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 28, 2008 - 06:38 PM UTC
Thank you for the reply. I have sucessfully cut off the flaps and will now glue them back on in the down position. I will post some pics of my work later. ~Jon
blindspot
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 52 posts
AeroScale: 12 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 30, 2008 - 08:23 AM UTC
I look forward to seeing your work! I looked up the Growler on Google Images - pretty sleek, but I usually go in for the WWI stringbags (planes with rigging), though I'm usually an armor builder, though I always enjoy a good build of any type!
 _GOTOTOP