_GOTOBOTTOM
Start Here (for Beginners)
This forum is for younger modelers or people just starting out in the hobby.
F-18E Super Hornet Armament
cyclones6
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 1,199 posts
AeroScale: 9 posts
Posted: Friday, August 22, 2008 - 11:08 AM UTC
I just bought a Revell F-18E Super Hornet and I am thinking about buying one of the Hasegawa weapons sets. Which one would be the best to go with a super Hornet.
cheese
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 106 posts
AeroScale: 45 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 26, 2008 - 11:54 AM UTC
Nobody has replied yet? Funny.....

Well, you can actually get either of them......A is a set of bombs (non-guided) *i think*.....B is a set of guided bombs (JDAM's) and Mavericks, etc.......C is a set of missiles meaning the AIM-120. AIM 9X or 9M, etc.......D is basically JDAM's or guided bombs.......the major difference in my opinion is the D does not contain any Maverick missiles......

So, Hasegawa has designed it so that you would actually need 2 of the sets to create an Air to Air and Air to Ground fighter......honestly, the load out is all up to you, just google the loadout for an F-18 and you should get some sites that should point you in the right direction....

One thing I do suggest, do not order them from Lucky Model......I ordered a set about, oh, 7 months ago and they still have not shipped it.....

One final question though, the Revell kit did not come with an array of weapons? Odd

Cheers
cyclones6
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 1,199 posts
AeroScale: 9 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 30, 2008 - 11:23 AM UTC
It came with two sidewinders and that was about it......It's the cheap kit from Michaels....it was like $15
 _GOTOTOP