Golden Era Photo Collection Discovered
PuyallupLee
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United States
KitMaker: 2 posts
AeroScale: 1 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 18, 2008 - 07:32 PM UTC
Hi Everyone

A photograph collection has come into my posession of Golden Era Navy Aircraft among other things.

This was the personal collection of a 1930's Naval Aerial Photographer. The collection was given to me, by a friend in California, to sell on ebay. After looking through it, I decided it would be a shame to break up the collection to be lost forever, so I uploaded the photographs to a website so everyone could enjoy a part of our aviation history.

I have been told by a couple of aviation historians, who sent me e-mails, that this is a major find and that several of the photographs have never before been seen.

I am posting this on a modeling forum because I know that photographic reference material is vital in research for accuracy of your models.

The photographs have been posted in high resolution to bring out the detail. You are welcome to right click on the photograph and copy it to your hard drive for your personal enjoyment. Please do not use them for commercial purposes without my permission.

Here is an example of what I have. This aircraft is an F3F-1.

It was delivered 06-13-36 ---San Diego, Battle Force
It was assigned on 06-29-36 to VF-6B, USS SARATOGA
On 10-30-36 it Crashed near San Diego while practicing dive bombing Pilot killed,

This is the photograph of the aircraft at the crash site.

My website is called Old Airplane Pictures

For you history buffs, there is also a collection of photographs from Admiral Byrd's Second Antarctic Expedition 1933-1935.

If you want to just look at the photographs, click on gallery in the left column and it will take you directly to the photographs.

I hope everyone enjoys my web site.

Lee
www.oldairplanepictures.com
Grumpyoldman
Staff Member_ADVISOR
KITMAKER NETWORK
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 15,338 posts
AeroScale: 836 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 18, 2008 - 11:30 PM UTC
Thanks Lee.