_GOTOBOTTOM
Start Here (for Beginners)
This forum is for younger modelers or people just starting out in the hobby.
Little Help needed
Nito74
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 5,386 posts
AeroScale: 635 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 08, 2008 - 08:22 AM UTC
Hi guys,

I have a big crush on aircraft kits, despite 90% of my modeling being dedicated to Armoured 1:35's...
So far i'm not liking the results of my aircraft kits so i tend to build less of those.

So far i have a small collection of Antonovs, Tupolevs and Sukhois, all from 1950-now era, on 1:72.
I have to come to a hard decision, sell them or build them...

thanks for the opinions and help
jaypee
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,699 posts
AeroScale: 1,384 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 08, 2008 - 10:24 AM UTC
I'd build em but be sure to post them up here. It can only help you improve. Esp Read the build logs of other folk. Be amazed, be inspired. Pick up tips, ask questions. Most importantly though have fun. My first model on here was terrible. The second one was better and I'm learning. It's cool.
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 6,743 posts
AeroScale: 6,151 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 08, 2008 - 04:50 PM UTC
I have only been on this site for a few months now and it just keeps getting better and better . I'm learning new techniques now on all areas in my building skills ! I started srcatchbuilding a Airo DH-2 about 7 months ago . At the time I didn't have the ref's material , now because of this site my skills are better then before . What ever questions you have just ask ! I say keep the kits , work on them slowly . Cheers !
HawkeyeV
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 319 posts
AeroScale: 129 posts
Posted: Friday, May 09, 2008 - 02:05 AM UTC
It is said that if you can build a smart looking aircraft model you can build anything equally as well. Armour is very forgiving, mistakes can be hidden with accessories or weathering...in aircraft they are there in the open.

What specific part of your building of aircraft is giving you issues? Read the thread "Reading the Seams" on this forum, it should be just below this one.

https://aeroscale.kitmaker.net/forums/111677&page=1
jaypee
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,699 posts
AeroScale: 1,384 posts
Posted: Friday, May 09, 2008 - 02:08 AM UTC
maybe I should start armour modelling then
Nito74
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 5,386 posts
AeroScale: 635 posts
Posted: Monday, May 12, 2008 - 03:42 AM UTC
it's true armour is more forgiving

First of all, thanks for the kind words, it's encouraging !!

My issues, it's a little bit of everything... some kits the building, others painting and mostly the weathering...

I will start the Roden An-12 BK-PPS (Cub C) and then i'll keep you posted on the problems, issues and doubts
 _GOTOTOP