_GOTOBOTTOM
Start Here (for Beginners)
This forum is for younger modelers or people just starting out in the hobby.
just saying hello
lincoln
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 12 posts
AeroScale: 8 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 30, 2008 - 10:18 AM UTC
Hi
im new to the forums so i thought id say hello ,
i started building again last year when i got bought a 1/24 airfix hurricane for christmas ,i havnt built an aircraft since i was a kid maybe 25 years ago so it was interesting to say the least but i soon got back into it and made a decent job of it and painted using brushes ,ive since done 3 more of the big airfix kits (mustang,109 and stuka which really is BIG) and various other stuff , mostly 1/48 scale tamiya armour which i just love to build ,but now ive just got a compressor and airbrush(badger procession) and waiting for a few more bits to arrive like water trap and regulator so i can paint my latest effort ,a heinkel salamander ,anyway ive found the tips on this web site very useful ,especially the use of klear/future its really brought my models to life

lampie
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 6,249 posts
AeroScale: 3,270 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 30, 2008 - 10:54 AM UTC
Hi Phil
Welcome along to Aeroscale
Is Lincoln where you live as well as a callsign?
A good looking selection of planes you have there, unusual to see so many 1:24 kits and not a Spitfire in sight That Stuka really is a beast isnt it?
Check out the Bulldogs section of the site. (Click on the Bulldog in my profile).
We are based around the Kitmaker network but we differ in that we have our own stand and attend as many shows as we can around the country.
We'd be happy to welcome you in.
Nige
lincoln
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 12 posts
AeroScale: 8 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 30, 2008 - 12:30 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Phil
Welcome along to Aeroscale
Is Lincoln where you live as well as a callsign?
A good looking selection of planes you have there, unusual to see so many 1:24 kits and not a Spitfire in sight That Stuka really is a beast isnt it?
Check out the Bulldogs section of the site. (Click on the Bulldog in my profile).
We are based around the Kitmaker network but we differ in that we have our own stand and attend as many shows as we can around the country.
We'd be happy to welcome you in.
Nige

hi
Lincoln is just a name i use on the net (long story ) i live in Sheffield
the only reason i haven't done the spit yet is that was the only big airfix kit i ever did when i was a kid so im not in any hurry to re-do it yet ,but i will along with the focke wulf 190 but to be honest im a bit scared of the camouflage job on the 190 ,need to get some airbrushing skills first
Phantom2
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Östergötland, Sweden
KitMaker: 708 posts
AeroScale: 678 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 30, 2008 - 07:55 PM UTC
Hi Phil!

Welcome to Aeroscale, the friendliest forum on the net!
There´s a lot of very nice people here, so never hesitate to ask If you have a question!

Nice to see another big-scale fan here!

I usually model in 1/32 and 1/48, but I have also built most of the 1/24 kits from Airfix.

Don´t forget to check out the other parts of the site (Armorama, Model Geek and Shipwrights).
Lots of tips and tricks even If armour, cars or ships Is of no iterest for you!

Cheers!

Stefan E
mpatman
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New South Wales, Australia
KitMaker: 248 posts
AeroScale: 160 posts
Posted: Monday, March 31, 2008 - 08:40 AM UTC
Hi lincoln,

Welcome.

I am only fairly new as well, isnt it funny how so many of us return to the hobby after 15-20 years. I bet the way you build and paint models has changed a bit. ( I know I used to throw the kit together in one or 2 sittings using tube cement, no sanding etc and then used to slap the paint on either with a brush straight out of the jar or by using the Tamiya spray cans- and I thought my planes looked godd back then.

Your stuff looks great, bet you cant wait to get the airbrush going!
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 6,743 posts
AeroScale: 6,151 posts
Posted: Monday, March 31, 2008 - 09:13 AM UTC
Welcome , always glad to see someone new , I 've been on this site for about three months now . everyone is so helpful to questions and answers . My skills have improved lots and learned a few new techenics as well .
CaptainA
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 3,117 posts
AeroScale: 2,270 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 09, 2008 - 08:07 AM UTC
Welcome.

You can find answers to most modeling questions here. Skills will increase as you experiment with new techniques. friends will be made. And I guess we will ask you to post pictures. Lots and lots of pictures.

Also, check out the campaigns. The tend to be a lot of fun.
 _GOTOTOP