Hosted by Rowan Baylis
Tamiya Raiden help....
BattleRabbit
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United States
KitMaker: 23 posts
AeroScale: 21 posts
Posted: Friday, March 28, 2008 - 03:09 AM UTC
Alright, i just picked up the Tamiya J2M3 Raiden(1/48) kit at my local hobby town for a paltry $13... and I was wondering what the best approach to building and improving this beast would be. Do any aftermarket cockpits/cockpit detail sets exist for this kit? It really seems to be lacking in that department.

Any tips on building this kit, or locating etched part sets for it would be greatly appreciated.

Also, if anyone here has pictures of their build of this kit it would be appreciated.

it is this boxing if that helps.
Grifter
_VISITCOMMUNITY
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 608 posts
AeroScale: 55 posts
Posted: Friday, March 28, 2008 - 03:22 AM UTC
You can start looking for PE sets at Squadron, Great Models, Roll models, or Sprue brothers.
Great Models even has feature where you find the kit you want, and it has a link to show all available accessories for that kit, pretty handy.
Percheron
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 432 posts
AeroScale: 360 posts
Posted: Friday, March 28, 2008 - 03:24 AM UTC
Chris,

While I have not built that kit before I did a quick search at http://www.greatmodels.com/ and they have a few things for the plane. Just type in "Raiden" in the search field. I have used Great Models quite often and have been very happy with them, they are also an advertiser here.

-Derek
BattleRabbit
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United States
KitMaker: 23 posts
AeroScale: 21 posts
Posted: Friday, March 28, 2008 - 03:31 AM UTC
how compatible with the Tamiya kit are the etch sets for the Hasegawa offering?
 _GOTOTOP