_GOTOBOTTOM
Modern (1975-today)
Discuss the modern aircraft age from 1975 thru today.
Hellenic Air Force F-4E Phantoms
tonydi
_VISITCOMMUNITY
South Africa
KitMaker: 28 posts
AeroScale: 7 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 03, 2008 - 01:40 AM UTC
I'm starting work on a Tamiya 1/32 F-4E and want to do it as an Hellenic Air Force a/c. Thew kit that I have has unslatted wings and I need to know if the HAF flew slatted or unslatted F-4E's. My 2nd option is for the Turkish Air Force, and I have the same query.
JollyRoger
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Istanbul, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 1,241 posts
AeroScale: 616 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 03, 2008 - 04:10 AM UTC
Both are slated as far as I know , at least I am sure about the Turkish. They are both the final version of F-4E. Although I have nothing personally against HAF I would recomend you to build a Turkish one...well the reason is far simpler then raceizm:} I have seen lots of 1/32 HAF F-4Es but only 2-3 Turkish. And none done by non-Turkish modelers (I am talking about what I saw, no offens to anyone). So it would be an original model. As a personal note, I find the Turkish Hill2 scheme pretty attractive. Also I may be help about the decals and details....well probably:}
tonydi
_VISITCOMMUNITY
South Africa
Posted: Thursday, January 03, 2008 - 04:28 AM UTC
Hi!
Thanks for your quick and helpful reply. I have a CAM decal sheet with both SEA and Hill Grey Turkish schemes. The latter has a grey tiger head by the splitter plate, which I really like, but I am stuck as my kit has the early unslatted wing. I have plenty of late E's in 1/48th but no decals. Is life not strange?
DonSS3
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 92 posts
AeroScale: 91 posts
Posted: Monday, January 28, 2008 - 03:27 AM UTC
You might try doing a search on airliners.net. Under the "Airline" pull down menu, scroll down to "Greece Air Force," or "Turkey Air Force" (whichever you decide to do) and you'll find some (usually excellent quality) photos. Type in "F-4E" in the keyword box.

http://www.airliners.net/search/?

tonydi
_VISITCOMMUNITY
South Africa
Posted: Wednesday, January 30, 2008 - 02:12 AM UTC
Hi!
Thanks very much. I went to the site and its very useful. Also tried www.f4phantom website.com and found some HAF F-4's with very low seriel numbers that as far as I can tell have unslatted wings, ie early models. TAF all appear to be late slatted models.

Tony
NICK-NAUPLIO
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Argolis, Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 67 posts
AeroScale: 4 posts
Posted: Friday, March 14, 2008 - 08:38 AM UTC
Yes my friend Green phantoms have got unslatted wings.
Have a look here or photos of Greek phantoms
http://hafcphotos.cs.net/photo_viewer.cfm?currentcat=39751&access=0
tonydi
_VISITCOMMUNITY
South Africa
Posted: Sunday, March 16, 2008 - 05:36 PM UTC
Hi Nick,
Thanks very much for your info - most useful indeed. I checked your website and all my questions are answered and yes, now I can do a Greek Phantom in 1/32nd! Tony
 _GOTOTOP