_GOTOBOTTOM
Start Here (for Beginners)
This forum is for younger modelers or people just starting out in the hobby.
finished my A6M2 zero
UNITEDSTATESNAVY
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Idaho, United States
KitMaker: 243 posts
AeroScale: 150 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 18, 2007 - 04:27 AM UTC
things I have learned.....enamel primer is MUCH better! the acyrl was so fragile even when cured for days , very small parts held in a too tightly squeezed tweezers results in the tiny part being launched into the atmosphere never to be seen again ,how to explain to my wife that purchasing $150.00 in model paint is a good thing...a form of therapy?, patience is a virtue! never knew the intense debate about A6M2 fuselage color...rather like a tempest in a teapot painting a old tamiya canopy is torture! hope hasegawa models are easier! I can not expect too much from a single action airbrush and a mini blue compressor I am working in 1/32nd scale from now on, my eyes are not great at 48 years of age, all in all a great hobby and am planning my next project..a set of raiden jacks, this site is so much help and feel I am not a beginner anymore
CRS
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,936 posts
AeroScale: 1,168 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 18, 2007 - 07:33 AM UTC

Quoted Text

feel I am not a beginner anymore

You're not a beginner anymore, you are on the learning curve with the rest of us (I learn something new with every build) . You've gotten past your baptism of fire, and took your lumps . Now you can pursue the hobby as you wish . Remember misery loves company, so keep posting your progress.
SGTJKJ
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 10,069 posts
AeroScale: 3,788 posts
Posted: Friday, October 19, 2007 - 12:09 AM UTC
Experience is good for the next project. As already pointed out we never stop learning with every project. Having determined what scale you will use is the first good step towards great builds. Second Aeroscale is full of great help, tips and inspiration.

Remember the main thing is to have fun and enjoy the builds!
CaptainA
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 3,117 posts
AeroScale: 2,270 posts
Posted: Friday, October 19, 2007 - 05:11 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Remember the main thing is to have fun and enjoy the builds!

Yeah Jesper, crawling around on hands and arthritic knees, looking for launched parts IS a lot of fun.

It gets better Dave. You already have some of the paint for the next build.
 _GOTOTOP