_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
NEWS
The C-130's are coming
betheyn
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,560 posts
AeroScale: 2,225 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 26, 2007 - 10:28 PM UTC
Minicraft have released 2 new tooling C-130 Hercules in 1/144th scale.
2 more variants will be released later in the year.

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
CRS
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,936 posts
AeroScale: 1,168 posts
Posted: Friday, July 27, 2007 - 04:11 AM UTC
It's great to see a manufacturer release all these variants of the 130, but I wish just one manufacturer out there would "soften the focus" a little. The C-130 is a great aircraft but has been done to death. I like to see someone HINT HINT release the rest of the "work horse fleet", so us "old troopers" can build our "jump planes". Just someone take up the challenge and make the 47, 119, 130, 123, and 141 all in the same scale, please.
drabslab
_VISITCOMMUNITY
European Union
KitMaker: 2,186 posts
AeroScale: 1,587 posts
Posted: Monday, July 30, 2007 - 07:46 PM UTC

Quoted Text

It's great to see a manufacturer release all these variants of the 130, but I wish just one manufacturer out there would "soften the focus" a little. The C-130 is a great aircraft but has been done to death. I like to see someone HINT HINT release the rest of the "work horse fleet", so us "old troopers" can build our "jump planes". Just someone take up the challenge and make the 47, 119, 130, 123, and 141 all in the same scale, please.

I completely agree. Most manufacturers seem to be fighting for a piece of the cake of a limited number of popular subjects while a large number of interesting planes are not available.
Frigate
_VISITCOMMUNITY
West Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 500 posts
AeroScale: 243 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 31, 2007 - 02:01 PM UTC
Gentlemen,
Since I now have several of the Minicraft 130's in hand, I have to go against the grain so to speak and say "Bravo" to Mincraft ! Considering the history of this aircraft (In production since 1954 !) and her history, I think it is about time the Old Revell 130 can be laid to rest.

No, this kit is not perfect, and I have extremely mixed feelings about the "Naked" Cockpit, it is still Great to see the Ole Girl get her due ! Last time I counted (several years ago) there were more than 28 versions (including sub-types) in service with approximately 67 countries !

Now how many other Airframes can lay claim to that record ? Admittedly, I'm an Old 130 Crewmember. But it seems to me, between different variants, plus scads of different color schemes, there should be plenty of 1/144th C-130's around at the shows.

So what do you think, Guys ? Semper Fi .............Bruce
 _GOTOTOP